Intermediate level engineer performing standard engineering work in support of capital or retrofit projects at the plant level. Provides plant with engineering expertise.
• Participates in conceptual engineering (opportunity and alternative analysis) project phase by providing technical consultation on related issues.
• Provides technical consultation for plant/project related issues, standards and codes, single line diagram, motor list, scope of work and deliverables for chemical discipline as part of front-end engineering work. Alternatively, works with external resources to ensure that Cabot’s chemical standards (written or unwritten) are followed and provides technical review support. Extent of participation depends on size of project and perceived adequacy of external resources. Provides technical review support in cases of contracted services during Detail Design phase of projects.
• Provides equipment troubleshooting during startup and operation.
• May be required to execute all facets of a project, including project management of projects that have mainly chemical components.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.