Ensuring that transportation for Customer orders and inter plant transfer orders in the region are coordinated and timely scheduled, booked and shipped from plant and warehouses, in an efficient and cost effective way. Execution of the orders are done with defined boundaries (such as selected carriers, cost, vehicle type, loading capacity, etc.). These are defined by transportation organization and production plants and with the goal of optimize collection planning and deliveries to the Customers. Acting as key communication link between plant, warehouses, carrier and Customer Care Group. Scope: All shipment within the European region (no shipment by sea orders).
• Schedule transportation with carriers and plants/warehouses based on order requirements and plant constraints
• Optimize daily loading schedules
• Book and organize transportation for the plants and for all transport modes
• Initiate and coordinate any emergency shipment required in case of customer order change, product unavailability, transportation issues etc.
• Daily monitoring of the orders execution and the potential actions as needed
• In case of need, request a quote (or Transit Lead time) from carriers
• Participate to all transport related complaints investigation & resolution; implement corrective actions as decided
• Ensure daily on going communication with production plants and Customer Care Group to ensure timely execution of shipments and to alert possible issues
• Communicate with Customer Care Group immediately in case of issues impacting the delivery and initiate alternative solutions
• Ensure continuous good relationship/communication with carriers to enforce faultless and on-time shipments and delivery
• Help controlling carriers’ invoices for any financial variances
• Ensure required transportation system set-ups in ERP system (carriers, routings, freights rates, transit lead time, vehicle type, constraints)
• Record incidents with carriers in appropriate tool & contribute to permanent Carriers performance monitoring process
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Our Business Service Centre in Riga, Latvia employs more than 150 enthusiastic and talented team members who are responsible for proving financial, IT, purchasing and customer services support for Cabot’s 21 locations in Europe the Middle East and Africa. At Cabot Latvia, our people are our biggest asset, they make Cabot a great place to work. We have a passion for the work we do, which inspires us to achieve great results. We encourage culture based on respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence. We also believe that time spent at work should be both rewarding and interesting. Our passionate employees have built an active social life within the company that is driven by several committees, regular team building and social events. We are proud of our culture and work environment that we can ensure to our employees.