Plans, develops, coordinates technical and administrative control for all projects in the site. Manages plant capital activities, to ensure plant facilities are safe, environmentally sound and have the best available technology to produce and ship a high quality product at the lowest possible cost. Provides an environment that supports the achievement of Cabot’s capital investment objectives through process ownership and partnering with process stakeholders. Leads and promotes a safety focused culture.
· Supports the achievement of Cabot’s capital strategy by working closely with key stakeholders (Mfg., Logistics, Product Lines, etc.) to evaluate capital initiatives and technical needs.
· Develops and implements capital projects to improve product quality, operating efficiency and lower total costs. Leads initiative to prioritize capital projects and coordinate updates with Facility General Managers. Coordinates major capital projects with the engineering and external engineering firms by assisting in developing project scopes and searching for best alternatives of third part workforce, materials, equipment, etc. Assures work evolution throughout, cost worksheets, communicating schedule design or other problems encountered with the appropriate department(s).
· Improves the efficiency of the capital process through the development and communication of common policies, procedures, processes and systems.
· Acts as a business partner with process stakeholders to provide guidance in the evaluation of business opportunities. Increases the overall effectiveness of stakeholders in the capital process through ongoing coaching and training.
· Ensures that total quality and continuous improvement principles are applied.
· Develops capital plan and budget for plant improvements. Controls project expenses, ensuring they are within the budget and communicating costs evolution periodically.
· Ensures that all areas of construction and contract facilities are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
· Ability in Capital planning & management
· Manages project plans, milestones, tasks, etc.
· Accuracy / Attention to Detail
· Knowledge of Engineering standards and specifications
· Knowledge of Process Safety Management
· Proven ability to manage & develop budgets
· Knowledge of safety regulations and proven safety leadership
· Reading and interpreting Blueprint and technical drawings
· Ability to read, write and / or speak Foreign Languages
· Ability to work effectively in teams
· Ability to gather, analyze and draw well-reasoned conclusions
· Bachelors/University degree in Engineering. P.ENG required. MBA Preferred.
· Minimum seven years of capital project experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial organization.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites. Cabot Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of Cabot Corporation located in Sarnia, Ontario, operates a 24/7 carbon black manufacturing facility.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under Cabot Canada Ltd.'s Accessibility Standards Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).