Uses laboratory test equipment to perform routine tests on product or raw material samples. Evaluates and reports test results. Uses Quality systems in place and ensures that daily operations are safe and comply with country and Cabot SH&E requirements. Perform analysis to support TRIS activities.
Reports to Quality Manager, Quality Lab Supervisor and/or Shift Leaders.
•Obtain samples from multiple locations. Conduct routine tests and analysis of product to determine quality and reliability during manufacturing. Tests for quality, performance and chemical characteristics. Relies on test scripts and documentation.
• Perform tests during trials.
• As necessary, obtain samples of raw material in multiple location and conduct verification or analysis to determine its conformance.
• Perform laboratory analysis safely and comply to all safety standards.
• Evaluates and reports test results in an accurate and timely manner. Determines compliance with Quality standards as well as Cabot and customer requirements Rejects or releases product to inventory per established QC plans. Uses Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) to enter test results.
• Ensures test equipment is calibrated properly and in safe operating condition. Monitor its performance and reliability and report to Lab Supervisor and/or Quality Manager if deviation observes. Coordinate with the maintenance personnel for any maintenance requirement and use system to enter work orders and requisitions.
• Maintain proper documentation of all laboratory records as per the quality system. Maintain retain sample inventory.
• May set up tests and equipment and conduct special functional tests on products or other materials.
• Performs other duties as assign by QA manager and/or Laboratory Supervisor related to Quality Control, improvement or compliance to quality system or safety related activities.
• Supports and participate company goals and objectives.
• Participates in ISO-9001 implementation and ensures compliance to applicable requirements.
• Participates in scheduled safety meetings and complete safety training requirements.
• Participates 5S implementation program.
• May also required to work in support to operation or other function.
Cabot Dubai is considered one of the most unique and new sites among Cabot Sites. Cabot Dubai is the site in the Middle East manufacturing Masterbatch and Compounds for Plastics Industry. The Facility opened in 2009 and operates with nearly 40 employees from different nationalities. It is one of the most diversified sites operating in cosmopolitan country UAE.
Cabot Dubai is supporting worldwide customers with focus on Middle East major key Customers. In line with Cabot Corporation, Dubai Plant is operating with strong Safety Culture. It has been awarded Presidential and Chairman Awards for its outstanding Safety performance.