Support the Safety Health and Environmental (SH&E) Manager to ensure that Glasgow site operations are undertaken in accordance with the safety health and environment policy, Cabot standards and local regulations. Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall health and safety (H&S) of employees and the community.
• Take responsibility individually and as a member of the SH&E team to deliver H&S Goals and Objectives.
• Provide support and advice to all departments on subject of H&S.
• Actively participate in the development and implementation of continuous improvement projects.
• Undertake regular H&S site inspections/audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
• Take responsibility for delivery of site H&S routine inspection programme.
• Develop appropriate corrective actions as a result of audits/inspections and drive to completion.
• Attend and/or co-ordinate H&S meetings where required.
• Design and deliver toolbox talks, training and safety briefings. Maintain training records for all H&S training.
• Take ownership of site industrial hygiene monitoring program.
• Be responsible for site fire and emergency response arrangements.
• Record and analyse H&S statistics to enable data to be used to monitor performance and improvements.
• Keep up-to-date with legislation and best practice relevant to health, safety and welfare matters.
• Identify practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, to promote health and safety and safe working practices.
• Support site root cause analysis procedure for the investigation of incidents and accidents as part of investigations.
• Assist site with Risk Assessment review process and development of new risk assessments where required.
• Assist site with Chemical Management Programme and COSHH Assessment review process and introduction of new chemical and development of new COSHH assessments
• Implementation of all Cabot SH&E Standards, working with subject matter custodians where applicable.
• Take responsibility for H&S custodian program supporting subject matter custodians in ongoing delivery of H&S procedures and programs in support of upcoming Corporate
Competencies (Essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors)
• Knowledge and experience of all Occupational Health and Safety topics
• Technical knowledge of industrial/chemical manufacturing facilities
• Excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively with others
• Good oral and written communication skills, high level of computer literacy - Microsoft suite
• Excellent training and presentation skills
• NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
• Minimum three years’ experience in area of Health and Safety
• Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
• Proven experience/responsibility of audit management programs and carrying out site audits (preferred)
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.