Entry level professional generalist position located in a division, plant or site operation. Provides basic analysis and technical expertise to department and site managers in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines. Supports implementation of SH&E programs with appropriate management direction and oversight. Assists site work groups with identification, evaluation of SH&E risks associated with laboratory scale chemical processes/reactions.
Safety Health & Environmental Compliance Coordination
· Oversee requirements of hazardous waste activities including: proper storage, labeling, manifesting and container inspections.
· Assist in the development of SH&E management systems for the site. Collects and distributes site SH&E management information. Develop SHE management systems for site programs (i.e. ergonomics). Manage databases and document record keeping required for assuring compliance with SH&E regulations and standards.
· Participate in the preparation and administration of site SH&E training. Promote and train employees in the use of safety equipment and in the safe use of machinery. May train forklift operators to qualify for licensing.
· May administer ergonomics programs and oversee SH&E committees at the site.
Loss Prevention and Medical Services Support
· Prepare Worker’s Compensation claims documents.
· Investigate accidents, prepare accident reports, and process hazard reviews to analyze site incidents.
· Administer site medical surveillance programs for respiratory protection, hearing conservation, and industrial hygiene monitoring of laboratories. Conduct noise level surveys and measure air quality, using precision instruments.
· Develop and monitor emergency action plans. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness. Participates in hazard assessments for determination of personal protective equipment requirements and energy control procedures.
· Conduct meetings and collaborate with all plant personnel to assure understanding of required work group safety activities and performance expectations. Coach employees to obtain compliance with regulations and encourage group participation.
· Participates on internal site committees and teams, as appropriate.
· Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
· Demonstrated technical capabilities in specialty area.
· Ability to work with others in a team environment; oral and written communication skills.
· Planning, organizational and analytical skills; presentation skills.
Bachelor/University degree in related filed and a minimum 1 year experience; or Associate degree in a related field and a minimum 3 years experience; or High School diploma with a minimum 7 years experience.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of Cbot Corporation located in Sarnia, ONtario, operates a 24/7 carbon black manufacturing facility.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under Cabot Cnada Ltd.'s Accessibility Standards Policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).